Summer is not only fun for the sun, but also for lavender. It looks beautiful, it smells delicious and it’s nice too 🙂
When I drink a lavender infusion (hot water containing lavender), Stijn always says “Are you drinking the air freshener” 😉 Shower gel, air fresheners, … are often with lavender. Because of this he has this association and has to get used to eating or drinking it too. Although he loved the below chocolates and lavender milkshake.
Lavender is also known for its calming effect, an extra benefit.
- 30 ml agave syrup
- 3 twigs of lavender
Cut the lavender stalk and cut the head into 3 pieces. Put it in the syrup and let it soak a few hours. Then remove the lavender from the syrup. Smell, bless!
This syrup can be used in lemonade (see below), pastries, …
Lavender ice cubes
Take the flowers especially for a more beautiful effect.
Do them in the ice cubes tray, fill with water put in the freezer.
Gives every drink a summerfeeling.
- 30 ml lavender syrup
- juice of 1 lemmon
- 1 liter sparkling water
- Lavender ice cubes (optional)
I like to have a subtle taste on the water, but if you prefer a bit stronger / sweeter, you can use these amounts on half a liter of water. Just play with the ingredients to your taste.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 4 twigs lavender, only the flowers.
Mix everything together. Before drinking place it for half an hour in the fridge, the flavors may blend well and your shake is very cool. You can also freeze of banana before mixing it.
Take dairyfree yogurt (soy, coconut, almond). Do lavender flowers in the yoghurt.
Add flavors of choice: slices of banana, oatmeal, slices of nut, berries, …
Dry lavender, for example, in the oven at 40 degrees or in the sun. Then put the flowers in a coffee grinder and mix into a kind of powder.
This can be used in all kinds of dishes. Also useful for storing if you want a summer feeling in winter 🙂
Vegan cheesecake with lavender
I made a half-cake with a big spring form. So either use a small shape, or double the ingredients.
For the “cheese”
- 245 gram cashew nuts (soak for a week, minimum 4 hours)
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 ts salt
- 4 ts lavender
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make 50 grams of coconut oil melt
- 90 grams of agave syrup
- Lemon zest
For the crust
- 130 grams of mixed nuts (cashew, walnut, brazilian nut, almond, of choice)
- 130 grams of dates cut into pieces
- Grind the nuts and dates fine.
- Mix with your hands until you get a ball. If it is not sticky enough, add some extra dates.
- Put baking paper in a spring form and put the dough on it, make sure the entire bottom is covered.
- Place it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Put all the “cheese” ingredients in a bowl and mix till it’s smooth. Better with a good kitchen machine or blender.
- Spread the “cheese” mixture over the bottom.
- Put the cake in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Take the cake from the freezer and decorate with lemon zest and lavender.
- Cut into pieces. If you do not eat anything immediately, you can keep the remaining pieces in the freezer.
- 100 grams of almond meal
- 50 grams of vegetable butter
- 20 grams of coconut sugar
- 3 grams baking powder
- 4 ts of lavender flowers (or leaves) + 2 ts of lavender flowers
- 0.5 ts vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, lavender blossoms (or leaves) and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add the vanilla extract.
- Put a hole into the dry ingredients and put the melted butter with vanilla extract in it. Mix everything well until you get a nice sphere.
- Place at least half an hour in the refrigirator.
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough with a rollling pin and cut out the molds. Put on a baking sheet with baking paper.
Sprinkle some extra blossoms on the biscuits and squeeze a little.
Bake 6-8 minutes.MIne on the picture baked for too long. 😉
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 60 grams of coconut oil
- 50 grams of coconut sugar
- 4-6ts of lavender powder (homemade)
- Some lavender flowers
Mix the coconut sugar, cocoa powder and lavender powder thoroughly. Melt the coconut oil. Add this and mix to a beautiful whole. Then put in shapes. I have taken muffin molds that I have only partially filled, but you can also use ice-cream shapes or pralin shapes. Sprinkle a few lavender flowers to decorate on top of each chocolate. Put an hour in the freezer. Take out before you eat them. You can store them in the freezer or in the fridge.
What else can you do with lavender?
- Lavender Muffins
- Lavender cake
- Lavender jelly
- Lavender mousse
- Baked potatoes with lavender
- Panna cotta with lavender
- Cocktail with lavender (use lavender syrup)
- Fruit salad with lavender
- Lavender ice cream