It’s asparagus time! Always happy when the first ones show up 🙂
Every season I start anyway with the classic version (Vegan Flemish way;)) but of course, after a while that version also gets boring.
Therefore: asparagus with pasta and parsley! Super simple but at least as tasty. A ‘must try’ for the asparagus and pasta fan!
- 500 grams pasta of your choice (I chose penne)
- 1 bunch of white asparagus (peeled and cut into pieces of ± 2 cm)
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 500 ml Soy cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock (dry) or 100 ml fresh
- Parsley, freshly chopped
- Sea salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package.
- Fry the shallots in a little olive oil.
- Add the asparagus and some water and let it cook on a low heat and under the closed lid. Check them regularly so that they don't cook too far. If necessary, add an extra spoonful of water.
- Then add the vegetable stock (unless you have just used fresh broth instead of water). Add the soya cream, stir well and let it warm for a while.
- Stir in the pasta and season to taste with pepper and sea salt.
- Sprinkle the dish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
So, wondering if this pasta dish will be appreciated. Also in love of asparagus? Do you have any good suggestions? Let those reactions come!
Oh yes, and they call asparagus the ‘white gold’. You probably want to share that 😉