Rose petals or not only beautiful. They smell delicious, they’re healthy and you can use them in the kitchen.
If you want to enjoy longer from the rose petals, you can dry them. You can use your oven for it like I show you in the video below and in the step by step tutorial.
Drying rose petals – step by step
- Pick fresh rose petals.
- Take a baking sheet and put parchment paper on it.
- Sprinkle the rose petals on it. Make sure it doesn’t overlap.
- Set the oven to 50 degrees Celsius / 120 degrees Fahrenheit and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the petals are dry.
- Put the petals in a bowl or in a sealed container.
- Optional: grind it in a coffee grinder or blender
Dried rose petals use
- In Middle-Eastern dishes
- For decorating a cake
- To make your own ras-el-hanout
- Making rose water
- Making rose infusion/tea
- On a salad
- In a cocktail
- To make potpourri
- To make your own care products (rose is good for you skin)
If you like this, maybe you like the post about How to make rosehip tea? (with fresh rosehips).
How do you use fresh or dried rose petals? Let me know in the comments below.